Coach fired for posing in Playboy...

A cheerleading coach was fired for posing for playboy.com recently. ok, I understand the lady is suppose to be a role model, BUT my issue with the whole situation is the family that reported her for posing on playboy.com, their daughter had been kicked off the team for 3 unexcused abscances from 3 classes. I feel the ONLY reason this family turned the coach in for a PICTURE SHE POSED FOR IN FEBRUARY! was they were pissed off a bout their daughter getting the boot. ALSO in order for them to have found the picture either they deliberately looked for "dirt" on this coach or they have a subscription to playboy.com.. you know? was what the school did wrong? did they cross a line? do you believe they even considered that this family was just PO'd about their DD being given the boot? they claim the reason they turned her in was because the girls are held to such high standard that the coach should be as well.

TippyD

Asked by TippyD at 9:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What makes it wrong about this whole situation is that the school KNEW of her playboy stuff. They knew about it! They only did something about it because parents were "upset" with it, when really the parents were being sore freaking losers because their daughter cant get her shit together. The parents need to set better examples than that.. theyre teaching their kid to do anything they can to get her way. Shes gonna be a winner! -sarcasm-
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:33 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• She didn't have tenure, so they could fire her for any reason they wanted. The fact that she posed in Playboy just gives the school the wrong kind of attention. Would you be comfortable with your DS or DD being taught by this woman? Let me be clear, I think she should be able to do whatever she wants to do (pose naked or whatnot), but she needs to accept the consequences of her adult decisions. I wonder, did she think it was going to be a warm reception? She likely knew this would garner negative attention from the school administration.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:36 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• As for the DD being a baby because she got bumped from the squad, she will learn soon enough that mommy and daddy can't fix all of her f-ups.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Quinn- the school knew of it, thats the thing. They didnt bother doing anything about it until some parent came to the school with a "problem" when really it was just a low blow from the parent because theyre all butthurt about their daughter being kicked from the team. Boo freaking hoo. How old are the parents?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I think its stupid. So what? I think its all jealousy. She was hott, and they are just mad. Wahhhh!!! Cry me a river.
    navyma23

Answer by navyma23 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I wouldnt care if my daughter was taught by this woman, she is just human. Just cause she posed for Playboy doesn't make her a slut.
    navyma23

Answer by navyma23 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Well, it could have been any parent really. These folks just happened to look for dirt on her. If i saw my daughters coach on playboy, I would report her too. I don't want someone like that teaching my child. It says a lot about her choice of ethics.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:43 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• No it was ONE set of parents that came forward with it. and it was the ONE set of parents that their daughter JUST happened to be kicked off the team. I REALLY believe it was the family as a whole being poor losers about the situation..AGAIN HOW DID THE PARENTS EVEN KNOW ABOUT THE WHOLE PLAYBOY PICTURE THING?????

"The fact that she posed in Playboy just gives the school the wrong kind of attention." as to this quinn, I (personally) dont think anyone would have known about the whole situation(posing for playboy) if the school HADN"T fired her. i had no idea, and hadn't heard anything about it, till the family that turned her in showed up on the Today show.
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 9:48 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• BEXi, don't get me wrong, I don't think it's right. But at the same time, teachers have been let go for far less because they don't have tenure. And now that the spotlight is on the school, I am sure there are a ton of parents wondering what they were thinking hiring her knowing about the photos. The school is trying to play catch up to get the heat off of their azzes.

As for my kids being taught by her, I wouldn't be bothered if it were my DD, but my DS is VERY girl crazy and he is still very young. I have nightmares of what he will be like as a teenager. I wouldn't want him anywhere near her if he were 16-18 years old. (or now, really).

And nabyma23, nobody called her a slut.

*note that when I first posted I didn't know the school knew about the photos, that was their bad*

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:52 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I wouldnt mind my children having this woman in their school. Its Playboy- its not like shes selling illegal drugs or prostituting. As long as shes not boasting about it to the kids, whats the problem? Thats just me though...
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:53 AM on Apr. 20, 2009