Allowing my 10 month old to spend the night at Daddy's?

I am feeling overwhelmed, and would like my baby's father to take my 10 month old for one evening- 5pm-8am the next day (I would pick her up by 8am). She usually goes to bed by 7:15am and wakes up by 7:30am.

Do you think she'd be ok? She's comfortable with her father, but she hasn't been to his house since she was a newborn. His mother also lives there, so he'll have help in taking care of her.

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Im a single mom ... and I think that its a great idea to involve the dad ... and give the mama a lil break or a good nights sleep. Glad you asked this question. My 8 months old son will prob start spending nights with his dad in a few months. Im sure the first night will be kind of a trial run ... but Im sure once the babes feel comfortable ... itll be fine.
    jennie829

Answer by jennie829 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I think it is time for her to go spend some quality time with Daddy and Grandma. She will be okay. As long as they are not bad people. if you keep thinking that way she will never be able to go over there. now she will probably cry for you as you are leaving so get ready. she will calm down. my kids are that way. they don't want to be separated from mommy. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:58 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• You could try it and if there are any problems get her father to call you so you can come over..that will put your mind at ease knowing that contact will be made if necessary and you can relax.

I think things will be ok though. I know how you feel though..the only two people I trust will be able to soothe my son is my dad and my boyfriends mother. I have seen how they are with him and he instantly forgets about me. I would still tell them though that I would like them to call me if I am needed at all. That makes me feel better..although I havent left my son all night before.
    Hope it helps.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 9:59 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• it sounds like she will be fine, but if your not comfortable with it dont do it. always always listen to your gut.
    alicia541

Answer by alicia541 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I'd say try it out. But I would also stay for about 30-45 min during drop off time so it's not so sudden for your DD. Give her time to adjust in the house before you go
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 10:18 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I think it's a great idea. This way you get a break, and daddy and grandma can have some one on one bonding time. My cousin used to take his son for the night often when he was younger. Now he and the mom are back together so he's with him all the time :) But it's great to see daddys helping with their kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• She should be okay. The first few times will probably be tough. Just ask them to keep her bedtime routine similar to the one she is used to with you. Between 9-10 months old is when most babies start their separation anxiety, so be a little aware of that too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing, just wondering what is overwhelming you between 5p and 8a, if your child sleeps from 7:30 to 7:30? Maybe I'm missing something here, which is why I'm asking.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I chose that time because she would be mostly sleeping, and not missing me too much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• If they're nice, responsible people, I say go for it! If you have any doubts in your mind, I'd skip it. Better safe than sorry :)
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 11:01 AM on Apr. 20, 2009