Spotting at 29 weeks.

So dh and I got around to some sex and afterwards I started having some spotting. And I was like no big deal. So went to bed and I'm still spotting this morning. Should I be concerned? This is my first pregnancy so any advice is good.

juliebulie

Asked by juliebulie at 9:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sometimes spotting after sex is normal. but you should go see a doctor especially if you are having concerns. and i would go.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:56 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Have you had an ultrasound yet? Spotting that is continuous CAN be a symptom of placenta previa. If it is still going on I would definitely call your dr. if it was just a little last night after sex that is completely normal though.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:15 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• The last ultrasound I had was at 22 wks and the only time they said anything about the placenta was at the 18 wk ultrasound saying it was anterior. So that was weeks ago. This is the first time I have had spotting that lasted overnight after sex. I have only had spotting one other time and that was probably 3 or 4 weeks ago and very light and wasn't spotting anymore the next morning.
    juliebulie

Answer by juliebulie at 10:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• a little spotting is okay but if it continues see your dr.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Some spotting is normal. Ive had it last up to a day after sex- as long as its nothing heavy and it stops soon id say your okay, but if it continutes then you def want to go see doc and see whats up. Do you have any pain, or is it just spotting? You might have even been playin too rough, or he could have just disrupted the tissue-its VERY sensitive there right now!!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 11:15 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I was actually quite surprised to be spotting because the sex was not at all rough or anything and no pain either. Well I guess if it doesn't stop I'll call the doctor.
    juliebulie

Answer by juliebulie at 11:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• hyland's teething tablets work great. walmart also has teething binkies called raz baby they have nubbies on them and gell inside. you put them in the freezer and then let the baby chew away. my son loves them i bought two. you can only get them online though. here is the link to the
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8832437
    you can also use teething rings, baby oragel(though it only works for about 20 to 40 minutes) hope it helps.
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2009