Strippin Memebrane...

Last week my Doctor told me she would be suprised for me to see this weeks appointment.. Which is tomorrow at 1pm.. Someone mentioned asking to have my membrane stripped.. Has anyone u know had this done.. What exactly is done for this... Does it hurt and what is the success rate how long til labor has start or water broke..?

1sttymmom409

Asked by 1sttymmom409 at 9:59 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think it works. I had mine done at every appointment for like 4 straight weeks in a row (before I was induced) and it is very very painful and doesn't not work. All it really did was dilate me another cm, and I stayed at that cm for a long time.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:02 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• im gonna ask today..im due this wednesday and i have a ton of reasons why i want it done..

i obviously know that its not 100% that it'll work..but im asking my doctor today =D
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:25 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I had it done with my first one and I wont ever have it done again. Its very painful and not very effective. I had it done 2 weeks before my due date and my daughter was still born a week late.
    hnfields

Answer by hnfields at 10:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I;ve had my membranes striped twice, yes it hurts, no it doesn't always work. With my son it worked, but I also had, had a real contraction in the office before the doctor did it. With my daughter it didn't work, but was schedualed for induction the next day anyways.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:50 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I had mine done, it worked within 18 hours I think. It is uncomfortable, but it doesn't really hurt all that badly. Compared to everything else in pregnancy, it's nothing really.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 1:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2009