Does anyone else worry about bills?

Do you ever have to worry about bills? Like not being able to pay one on time, what will happen? I constantly worry because evrytime we gat a little money saved back something happens. Either someone gets hurt, or an electric bill is high, just something. Anyone else have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yep...hang in there though.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 10:22 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I do. We are never late but, it makes me sick to think that we have to use our savings to pay bills! Just when we get caught up, something happens that cost us money like the toilet breaks or car trouble!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I am constantly having this problem. But then I look at it as I am thankful that I at least had it put back to deal with my problem whatever it may be, and not broke and can't do anything about it. Frusterating as it is though, you can never get head.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• sorry, never get AHEAD...lol
    AK_aries

• Yes that is true this is how I feel. When we where younger we did not have much it was pay check to pay check. I baby sat for extra money, We also have twins. Now that my hb make a very good money we are still pay check to pay check because taxes take almost 1/2 (we have no real right offs) now we can not help people like we use to. We had to charge our taxes this year and will paying on those for years. So we are back to the beginning and that sucks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Everyday...like you said. Get a bit ahead and then a suprise bill comes.
    I am very blessed to have a home, food on the table, clothes and a loving husband and daughter.
    Life should be about the simple things, can't take it with you!
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 10:33 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• No, not really. And we don't even make much money, but our bills are always paid on time, & we still have extra to save & to have fun with. We're not materialists though, we live an EXTREMELY simple lifestile. But, we also only have 1 child, that makes a big difference.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:44 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• After DH being unemployed for months, we are finally to a place where we are getting our bills paid (we even paid water early this month--I was so thrilled!!). But it still seems like anytime we get just a bit ahead, we get slammed. My DH had to buy a new drill for work, our hot water heater went out, on & on. But at least now we can take care of those things where a few months ago, it would have been impossible.
    Anonymous

• We have paid all our bills on time for the past two years. Before that, my husband had a job that kept promising to pay him and then didn't. WTH right? Once he got a job that actually paid him when they told him they would- we've been able to be on time on everything. Sometimes he sells plasma so that we can buy an extra tank of gas in a month or something like that... but really we're doing very well.

One of my little tricks is to pay extra towards utilities and our phone bill. That way if we can't make it one month, it's okay since we were ahead anyway- but we're always certain to pay twice as much the next month.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2009