Has anyone ever gotten pregnant while using Nuvaring?

I feel a "pinching" type of feeling in my lower abdomen. I had one positive test and 2 negative I am young and not in the position to visit a doctor at this time (financial restraints) and i am beyond confused and very scared

what symptoms did you have (if you got pregnant on the ring)? should i take out the ring i have in now in case i am as to not harm the fetus?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was on nuva ring and just found out a little over a week ago that i'm pregnant. The biggest giveaway for me was my last period. It was really light and brown in color, i also have had really tender, swollen breasts. I would take out the ring because if you got a positive test result than you are pregnant and I wouldn't chance it. If you are financially resticted you can look into a free clinic or apply for medical through the AFDC office in your area. Getting checked out now is essential for the babys well being, so please at least get checked out somewhere and if you can't afford prescriptions they sell prenatal vitamins over the counter for pretty cheap prices. If you have any more questions PM me and i will try to answer them the best i can. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:40 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I am the person who posted the question. I have those exact symptoms too (light brown period and tender breasts) I am so scared now....the fact that im pregnant seem inevitable now. I'm only 19 and even though I love the man I am with he is not the person I want to marry......I don't have money either nor have i finished college yet. Thanks for your answer...I have taken the ring out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I know how you feel, I was 18 when i got pregnant with my son and I didn't want to marry his dad. I was a single mom for a year and a half until I met my daughters dad who I am married to now. I remember being scared and confused but things will work out in the end. Just please make sure you get checked out to make sure everything is okay. Do you have any close family who can help you with a baby while you are in school? How much longer do you have left before you finish school and can you take extra classes to try and finish before you have the baby? If you haven't started yet then i would wait until after the baby comes to go to school. Just some things to think about. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Oh yeah the nuva ring def doesnt work. i got preggo on it. Actually on my 20th birthday. I was only with the guy for 3 months and was thinking about not even being with him anymore (now im not for very good reason) anyways i signed up with gov help and im doing fine. I live with my parents and they are soooo excited right now (they werent at all in the beginning) but things work out and now my life has meaning and i know exactly where im going!! You will be fine.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the support ladies! My parents nor my friends would support me in keeping this baby all would insist that I "make the right decision" (if i am in fact pregnant) They would insist I terminate and its so hard to make such an enormous (life changing)decision. I would like to give the baby up for adoption but I know emotionally I do not have it in me to hand over my baby..... I still cant believe this has (potentially) happened because I was perfect with putting and taking out the ring....why would god give someone a baby they cannot afford?
    Anonymous