Would you feel bad if you tipped $75 on a dinner bill that was $450

My dad took the whole family (about 15 people) out to dinner at a nice place, and felt like he was under tipping.

Destiny13

Asked by Destiny13 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My husband thinks that 18% is an okay tip. Having been a really good waitress myself, I wouldn't tip anything under 20%. Twenty-five to 28% would be better at a nicer restaurant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• That isn't even 20%. Most places add the gratuity to the bill if there are 8 or more people in the party.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Are you sure they didnt add it to the bill already? That is about what I would have left. I do 10% and then add some too it. So $45 and them some, I would have left about $60. (They dont work that damn hard)
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• tyfry7496 is correct usually they add the tip into the bill if thier is more than 6-8 people.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 12:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I'm sorry but I feel that is adequate! and I was a waitress for many years. I think restaurant bills are very padded!!! he left 5$ pp about and unless the sever licked your butt I think that is plenty of money!

chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2009