Should I just go to get a blood test

8 days pasted my period 2 negative test wondering if im thinking about it all to much and thats why i have not started....

need input please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would wait longer personally. And you can't just "go get" a blood test...a doctor has to order it for you.

And yes, if you think about it too much you can convince your body that you are pregnant and start showing signs like nausea, fatigue, swollen breasts, etc.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:07 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• actually you can go to any hospitol and get any blood test with out a doctors order. at my hospitol here it cost $20.00 and you have the results in a couple of hours. If I were you I would go get a blood test to ease your mind. I was over 2 weeks late before i got a positive hpt. So I went and got a blood test to confrim. So I would do for peace of mind that way you know for sure.
    zimmtobe

Answer by zimmtobe at 11:27 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Well, in that case I suppose it depends on where you live then. I work in a lab, and while there are 4 tests we will do without a doctor order (Cholesterol, Blood Sugar, Urine Pregnancy Test, and Occult Blood) any tests other than that we will not do without a doctors order.

So, I still suggest waiting another week and retesting at home. Be sure you are using your mornings first urine to allow for the highest concentrations of hormones. If you still get a negative then check out your local labs/hospitals and see if they will do a blood test without an order.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I done the same thing last month and didn't never start thought i was and wasn't. I had a cyst that messed up my whole cycle so I don't even think i ovulated so i'd wait you may be and may not be.
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2009