DIALATING?

I fear sounding stupid here, but am going to ask anyway.
Can you feel it when you dialate? I'm due Friday and, for the last couple of days, have felt a very strong "pushing and stretching" down there. I understand this could just be the baby adjusting herself, or probably a number of other things. I probably just getting anxious to have her! But did anyone think they felt this, then have it turn out to be true?
I wasn't dialated last week, but I have an appointent this afternoon. So, we'll see. Truthfully, I'm just killing time til then. My DD is too busy to play with me today! LOL. Barbie and Ariel are apparently a lot more fun than i am.

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 11:01 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i HONESTLY think you can....i started having wicked wicked wicked bad contractings a month ago and went to the dr's and dialated 2cm so i think so..and i was in a lot of pain

i noticed that with sex too, after i dilated, sex felt gross
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:04 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• as for the sex thing that miss kellee mentioned, it doesnt feel gross but it certainly is a lot more uncomfortable the last couple nights.
    i'd stop, but i know we wont be able to for quite a while after i have the baby. and i know i'll miss the closeness with my wonderful man!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 11:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• You know I think you can too. I remember when I was preggers with daughter I felt a sharp, stabbing pain in my cervix. That day I was 3cm, the next I was 4. So I think you can
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:10 AM on Apr. 20, 2009