How can I get my 8 month old to take better naps?

mommy2angel

Asked by mommy2angel at 11:11 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What do you mean, longer naps? more frequent naps? More predictable naps? At 8 months babies really thrive on routine. This doesn't have to mean a completely inflexible schedule (by the clock), but it does mean respecting their natural patterns and making sure you set the conditions for a good nap when they're ready for one. So be sure if s/he needs 2 naps, you are home at the optimal time to keep baby from getting overtired, which is one thing that can keep naps from being long and restful. Don't wait till your child is falling asleep, try to take him or her to the room before it gets to that point. Then make sure the room's dark and comfortable. And keep the routine for going down for a nap consistent. I'm not sure what else to say without more information on what the problem is...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:16 AM on Apr. 20, 2009