Angels or Aliens? As always, all faiths and religions encouraged to read and comment.

In Genesis 6:2, the bible talks about the "sons of heaven/God" and the "daughters of man" mating and inhabeting the world after the fall of Eden and Cain's murder of his brother, Abel. Some speculate that the "sons of God" were angels brought to earth, others believe they were aliens. Still others believe that “sons of God” is a metaphor for Godly men – which would mean brothers and sisters and Uncles and nieces and cousins intermarrying (which we know is, genetically speaking, not really a great idea . . .).

What are your thoughts on this?
Were they angels or aliens?

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Angels
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I've always believed in Angels and as far as Aliens, not sure what you are asking really. But yes I believe that there are life forms on other planets, to believe that Earth is the only inhabitted planet in all the universes is quite pompus
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:15 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Are we talking about Chariots of the Gods again?
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I think angels and aliens are one and the same. God is an alien.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Answered at 10:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 by: Marwill
    Are we talking about Chariots of the Gods again?
    **

I've never heard of Chariots of the Gods . . . What's that?
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Chariots of the Gods is a book about Ancient Aliens and it's written by Erich von Däniken.

I totally think it probable that life came from Aliens...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• There is a passage in Ezekiel which talks about a chariot of the gods and out-of-this-world beings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• IhartU:

Ah, okay. Sounds interesting . . .

Anon:

Do you happen to know what that verse is off hand?
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Angels... fallen angels to be exact. There was just a huge post about this a few days ago.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Well my hubby is one who believes Christ was probably an alien so he'd probably go with the alien theory LOL.

Im more apt to say angels however, if it ended up being aliens it wouldnt shock me either as Im pretty sure they've "moved among us" .
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 20, 2009