WHY HAS NOTHING WORKED!! grrr

im 40 weeks and nothing is starting labor! nothing! litterally nothing!! ugh! is annoying! i want to meet my baby and i dont want to be induced but shes showing no signs of wanting to come out!

ive tried all the possible ways to get her out!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Talk to the doctor. They can give you a pill or try this gel on the cervix to get you going.... Its a way to help the contractions pick up (Pill) or get you dialating (Gel) its a form of induction, but it may or may not work- lol they didnt work for me, but they worked for others.
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 11:23 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• you have 2 weeks before you are even overdue. Your baby and body are obviously not ready.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:23 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Umm, if the above poster is talking about Cytotec, it's usually a pill, doing that could be very detrimental. Cytotec shouldn't even be used anymore. It has caused death.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• at my hospital once you go past ur due date your over due. thats what my hospital says.
    Also, my hospital has the highest rate of best C-Sections done in America! so that rocks =D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Seriously? Your hospital is moronic then.. I hope you are joking about the C/S rate, that is nothing to be proud of. : / Gah, this country is going to the dumps.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• No, we dont have the most c-sections, we have the highest rated of being the best at it lol.
    Recovery time is quicker, it was in the news paper..

And no, my hospital is not moronic...every place is different.. I find your hospital to be weird too just hearing 2 weeks past 40 is over due...thats odd to people over here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I don't birth in a hospital. Human gestation is naturally 37-42 weeks. Inducing before 42 weeks, well is irresponsible. Just look at the literature on it.

If you want a cesarean, get induced lol. Just because recovery is quicker doesn't mean the risks go down.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:36 AM on Apr. 20, 2009