Mole removed to check for cancer?

Has anyone ever had a mole removed to check for skin cancer? I have to have this done and was just wondering what the procedure is like. My ob dr is going to do it at my next appt, so it can't be that bad...right?

trendy4you

Asked by trendy4you at 11:23 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Health

• I've had close to 15 moles, of all different sizes, removed and checked. They will just numb the area a little and take it off. It doesn't hurt at all. The area might be a little tender for a couple of days depending on the size. I had one that was about 1 inch long removed and that incision required stitches. None of them have ever come back as cancerous. You should have any large mole removed and any mole that changes in any way or that begins to bother you in any way (itches or hurts).
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:26 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It's very quick, But there are a few ways to get it done, Freeze, burn, lazer, shave, or cut. It's painless, though. It's not that bad
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2009