crib sleeping issues!

my 6 month old daughter refuses to sleep in her crib. i can put her to sleep and she will be out cold and as soon as i lay her down in her crib she wakes right back up. right now the only way i can get her alseep and to stay asleep is in her swing.....how do i break this habit?????

luvmyhaley

Asked by luvmyhaley at 11:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Many disagree with me, but I let my kids cry themselves to sleep. It took one night of crying for hours (2 for dd, 4 for dh) and 20 minutes of crying the second night. After that they just went to sleep and we never had another problem. They didn't suffer any problems and I survived it too.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 11:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I give my girl a paci. I dont have this specific problem, mine will usually go to sleep on her own, but a paci DEFINATELY helps her. I have almost always used it for sleeping and sometimes as soon as I put it in she spits it out if she doesnt want it. It is comforting for them, and when you put her down she is losing all her comfort. I wont let my girl cry herself to sleep for more than a few mins, just because I cant stand it really, plus if she is crying heavily something is probably wrong at her age.
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 11:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• 2 things -- first I would try not trying to put her down after she's out cold. If she falls asleep nursing or on the bottle, rouse her a little and read her a book. Then turn off the lights, sing a song, and put her down. When we changed the routine and did this, our daughter would just talk herself peacefully to sleep (at night -- for naps I still have to nurse her to sleep). Second possibility: does she roll onto her tummy yet? If so you can try putting her down on her tummy. My daughter fussed a little the first time I did this (and I didn't do it until she started sometimes rolling onto her tummy while swaddled) because she wasn't used to it, but then she slept like a log.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i agree with the first person. just have to let her cry it out. my son was like that and got to the point that he had to be held to sleep. thats when i put him in his crib being sleepy but not asleep and let him cry. with in 4 days he stoped crying and went to sleep.
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Could you possibly try swaddling her? I was wondering how long I could swaddle my babies and I checked out the American Academy of Pediatrics and they recommend it until the baby gets out. Our babies sleep great that way (granted they are only 3 1/2 months), but I plan to keep them swaddled at night as long as possible. They seem so comfy!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 12:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• leave her in the crib until she falls asleep. because the baby don;t own you you own the baby so what if she wake up leave her in their.
    HOTSEXYGIRL

Answer by HOTSEXYGIRL at 12:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My DR is a firm believer in "sleep-training." I am glad that I did this with both my boys at 3 mos. My cousin's 3 yr old still has sleep issues b/c she didn't teach her how to soothe herself to sleep. My boys both sleep through the night. It is hard at first, but stay strong, you can do it. It is the worst thing to hear your baby crying & not do anything to help. Just take comfort in the fact that you will both come out of it & you will be better off.
    Amy82

Answer by Amy82 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2009