Stick with it?

My 2 year old LOVES Aquafina FlavorSplash more then Apple Juice and most other juices.My question is "Is that ok?" They come in the 6 packa and I buy 4 when i go shopping and she drinks almost 1 bottle to maybe 2 bottles a day.

Its not hurting her right...

I know its a real silly question but it got me thinkin lol

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 11:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All it is is flavored water lol it shouldnt hurt her at all.... Thats funny though. :)
    But yeah, there shouldnt be any probs. My 2 year old can eat or drink anything that i do. so i wouldnt see a problem with it.
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 11:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Is this the water that's sweetened with artificial sweetener? I would think it would be better than juice, but I've also always avoided the artificial sweeteners for my kids, because I haven't read up on them. There are bottled waters that have a little flavor added -- like lemon, etc, but no sugar or sweeteners -- so they're flavored, but not sweet, do you know what I mean? I give my daughter tastes of those from time to time.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:40 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Have you seen how much sodium is in that flavored water? Plain water is much better, or natural juice mixed in with the water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Keep in mind that this product is NOT juice. It is simply flavored water. If she prefers it to plain water, it's up to your pocket book and the ingredient list if it's OK. Water is cheaper by far and doesn't have artifical sweeteners, corn syrup, or other questionable gunk.

Does she need juice? No. But she does need 2 to 3 servings of fruit each day. That's fresh fruit, fruit canned in juice (not syrup), frozen fruit, or 100% fruit juice. And only 1 serving should be juice. The rest should be actually fruit.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i think its better than juice, no matter what doctors say juice really isnt good for you as it turns to pure sugar when digested. thats why diabetics cant have it. you should give your kids actual fruit not the overtly sweetened juices they have now.
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I'd try to stick with plain water. Who knows what impact the artificial sweetener may have (unless it necessary due to other conditions..)? My 2 yr old has milk and water. I skip the juice and focus on getting him to eat fruits (which he happens to love). He'll have plenty of time for juice when he gets older and I ahve less control..
    Anonymous

• Protein: Minimum of 16 grams on a daily basis. 16 oz. of milk plus 1 oz. of meat = ample protein for the toddler.
    Fat: At least 30% of a toddler's calories should come from fat. Too little fat can result in "failure to thrive" where children do not get enough food to supply their energy and growth needs.
    Calories: 40 calories/day/inch of height = 1000 to 1300 calories/day
    calorie distribution is apt to look like this:
    16 grams protein = 64 calories
    44 grams fat = 396 calories
    210 grams carbohydrate = 840 calories
    Total = 1300 calories
    Sodium 325-1000mg/day
    Vitamin C 40 mg/day
    Vitamin A 2500 IU/day
    Calcium 800mg/day
    Iron 10mg/day
    Zinc 10mg/day
    Folate 50ug/day
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Nutrition facts for the flavored water.
    Calories 0
    Total fat 0g 0%
    Soduim 65mg 3%
    Talal carbs 0g 0%
    protein 0g 0%
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2009