Should my daughters attend Girl Scouts tonight?

I did my sunday walk, and as my girls were punished, they had a friend over, which ruined my walk, I saw her sneaking out on my way back. I punished them for 2 days, now, what should I do send them to girl scouts, or take that away too. I think I should, but they missed last week too. Would I be wrong not sending them again? If I do what am I teaching them??? I say no, anyone backing me up????

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ummm thats a toughy. it is girl scouts and they did miss last week i would probably let them go to that and just extend their grounding for another day to cover it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I would take them but before and after keep the punishment no free time etc etc

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I agree with the PP. Girl Scouts & team sports are fun, yes, but they are also committments & children need to learn to keep their committments. Groundings should be for free time, I think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I am sooo confused??? yes, I agree, they have a commitment and the other girls depend on them as well as the leader. Is that giving in though??
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Entirely up to you. Go w/ your gut feeling.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:57 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• You should send them as they have a commitment. But I would extend thier punishment one more day.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• That is something that you signed up for and the leader is expecting them. Punish them the next day.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I say take them to girl scouts. Let the girl scout leader(s) know what going on. My dd's leader is great at backing parents and will talk to my dd about what it means to be responsible, respectful and that the values a girl scout should have do not go away after the meeting. It is an everyday every moment way of life. Sometimes if more than few girls are acting the same way the leaders will find an activity or something that discourages the behavior. If they are having trouble getting along with others they find fun team building activities to do.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 12:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Scouts is a place where the values you are trying to teach should be reinforced. She is committed to her troop. She should have been punished from home privilages and not obligations.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Thank you ladies!!! Have a good night.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2009