How long does it take for the weird feeling in your lower back to go away after having an epidural?

My son is 11 months old, he is my third baby, I never really had any problems before but now I have noticed whenever I exercise or lean over in the shower to shave my legs I get this weird pulling sensation around the area where the epidural was.

Has anyone else experienced this?

violaswamp

Asked by violaswamp at 11:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well just that fact that he is your third child could have something to do with it. Pregnancy and birth can really work over a back. My best advice would be to do back strengthing excersises and stretchs.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:49 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• yes I have and have back problems bad now I went to the Doc but they said it has nothing to do with it But i know it does 3 weeks after i had him my back had such sharp pain were they put it I was falling over I hope you can find a Doc to help you good luck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I was told 1 yr but my son is 2 and I still get shooting pains down my back from where they did my spinal tap and down around to my hips and my doctor told me to go to a chiropractor and he can diagnose (sp) if it was from them screwing up my spinal tap (I got shot up with 9 shots since they kept missing, 3 of the general and 6 of the actual spinal tap needle. He then told me I could file against the hospital for the damage but didnt know how to fix it.
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 11:50 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My first one went fine. The second one, not so good. It hurt from the time the meds wore off. I had a goose egg the size of an egg for a week after that. My baby is 17 months old and my back kills me most of the time. some times it "catches" and I feel like I cant even stand up. I guess that's a risk you take when you get one done.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2009