What are ways on getting pregnant?

I've been counting days of my cycle and then counting on the calender when I should be ovulating but that's been almost 4 months, I'm discouraged and really want to give my daughter and sibiling what are ways to help my chances on getting pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Relax and stop trying so hard. The stress from all of the charting and determining when you should have sex and doing everything on a schedule can actually hinder your chances of getting pregnant (stress of any kind really)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:43 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• First, don't stress out. Stress changes the way your hormones start and stop so it can actually keep you from getting pregnant even if everything else is normal.

Second, counting on a calendar assumes that not only do you have a textbook cycle of 28 days but that you also ovulate on precisely day 14 every month. For most women, that's not the case, even if your body is working normally and you're not sick or under stress. Get yourself the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. That book will teach you how to chart using your temperature, the position of your cervix, and consistency of cervical mucus to determine where you are in your cycle. In addition, a ovulation predictor kit will help you find the days when you're most likely to ovulate.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• use an ovulation kit. worked for me.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 4:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2009