I don't really understand how you make money doing this?

I just need someone to clear it up for me. If you sale something like, avon, marykay, tupperware, etc, how do you actually make money? If you sale the products for the prices listed in the books, where is your profit? Do they send you monthly checks like payroll checks for saleing there products? Say for example in a month you only sale $50.00 worth of merchandise, how much would you actually make? I have never understood this but was wanting to do something to make extra money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• Avon gives you a percentage of sales. If you sell $100 dollars worth of product, they give you like 10% of that amount. If you sell more, you get a higher percentage of the sale price. I believe they send you a check after you turn in your sales. With Mary Kay, you buy the products for 50% of the prices listed in the book. You then sell the product for the list price. That is why Mary Kay people can offer discounts for their clients. They are buying the product & essentially reselling it for Mary Kay's MSRP. So Mary Kay won't send you a check. You earn your profit directly from your clients. With other companies, you earn a base percentage of sales (10% or 20% or whatever). Read each contract very carefully before you sign up & ask lots of questions. With some companies, you have to buy or earn your sales kit or sell a certain amount before you earn a profit. Pick something you love & good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Each one is different, you make a commission based on sales though. Some make you pay up front for the product and some do not. I hate sales personally, I work for a few companies that don't cost me a dime. Earn Money Online is my site if you want to check it out.

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Message me and I can try to help you understand a few of the companies
    sagesmom724

Answer by sagesmom724 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• You will usually get a commission based on your sales, and a lot of them you will also get commission on your "team" sales as well: the people who've signed up under you. You can message me and I'll tell you all about DiamondCreek Candles, or I've got another home based job where making money is REALLY straightforward: you get a direct deposit once a month and there's no selling: it's a job, not a business.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I do not know about those companies. but look at www.tgw247.com  and this can explain what i do.  message me for more info. would love to have you join my team.

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 2:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I have done Avon and I do Mary Kay... Avon they pay you when you get the order, you then sent Avons' half to them and keep your ..... 10% I think it is... or use to be. Mary Kay they pay you before you order it (that way you can order it w/out using your own money to get it and don't get stiffed in the end) and you send Mary Kay their half and keep your 50% instead of the ten. Wholesale= what you would buy it at... retail=what you sell it for.. In the book it says $100.00 that's retail you cut that in half and there is your wholesale. I was confused on it myself... i got it now though
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I don't know about the other companies, but I can answer your questions about Mary Kay. I have been with the company for 15 years and LOVE IT! You basically purchase wholesale and sell retail. Or in our case, buy for $1 and sell for $2. But we have other forms of income from team building as well.  Along with the free car program.  Hope to hear from you soon.

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 5:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• If you are wanting to sell items to make money without spending anything to get started please view my site under drop shippers one of the company you can order catalogs if you choose to do so and sell items. there is no start up cost to be a member, now that is what i love!!!!! http://www.wahideas.webs.com

ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I receive 20% commission plus bonuses for the work I do once, it is residual so I continue to get paid every month for that customer account that I set up. Our customers shop directly with the company, for example, I have over 100 customers that shop every month, so I continue to get paid every month. I also get bonuses for helping others start their own business and for the training I do.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 9:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I like Mary Kay because I can keep 100% of my money. I don't have to wait for a check in the mail. I am in control of my earnings. I decide want to keep for my profit and what to invest in my business for my customers. People ask "How much do you make" my reply "Not Enough". The Sky is the limit.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 11:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2009