What if I am not sure that I still love him?

I know this sounds pretty bad, but I am kinda wondering if I just stay because we have kids together. I just don't feel like I have the feelings that I once did, almost where he irritates me at times......like I feel like we go through the same stuff over and over and have little in common besides the kids and being broke! I mean in all seriousness I do have to wonder if we did not have kids together if I would still be there? And it is not like I have anything on the horizons or any interests, I am just feeling like there is nothing there anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it is time to reconnect. Find time to go out and develop interest together. go out on dates and to ball games. Laugh together again. All relationships will end up the same if you don't take time to love eachother. It will take time but have fun taking turns planning date nihts to surprise eachother. maybe go out twice a month and one time you try to plan something he will like ( like a monster truck show) and let him plan something for you the next time...be patient it may take time for him to pick something you like, but try to appreciate the effort.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Why did you fall in love with him to begin with?
    .....Now how can you get that back?
    Since there are kids in the picture- yes that changes things- makes it harder, but you need to decide if its going to be easier to face parenthood and the current decline in the economy by yourself, or with a partner? Dont JUST stay for the kids, but Think about everything you have accomplished with your SO and focus on the things that brought you two together. Try to make it work not only for your kids, but for the two of you.
    Try counseling, Try going out on dates or walk in the park or something just the two of you.- try to enjoy eachothers company again, get to know eachother again.
    Theres a reason why you loved him to begin with, search it out and focus on that.
    Good luck sweety. I really hope things work out for you.
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 11:54 AM on Apr. 20, 2009