So, it's time to start buying maternity clothes...

I tried on some pants and capris at the store so I could get an idea of fit. I like the way the smaller size fit me, but there won't be room for butt and thigh growth. With my son I gained over 60 pounds, but so far I haven't gained an ounce with this baby and I am 16 weeks. I really want to not gain much more than what is really needed for the baby and fluids and what not since I am very overweight to start with. Should I go with the size that I liked the way they fit or go up a size? Am I kidding myself that my ass and thighs won't grow bigger?

kitten_shuga

Asked by kitten_shuga at 11:57 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I say buy the size that fits now, and try to keep away from the sweets and stick with whole grains, fruits and veggies, and lean proteins to keep the weight gain at bay. Think of it as motivation! I know when you're overweight, they don't want you to gain too much. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My mom just bought me some clothes from Motherhood. She got me the next size up on the pants and a bathing suit. The jeans are elastic so they'll fit now, and they'll still fit if I get any bigger. She also got me a pair of lounge capri pants, which are too big now, but they have a draw string. I'm already overweight too and haven't gained any weight yet either and I'm 15 weeks.

I would recommend buying stuff from Motherhood. They gave me a free bottle and $400 in coupons.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yeah, I am looking at motherhood maternity too. I just like the styles and the full tummy panel. I could use those coupons though, I have NEVER spent $40 on a pair of jeans before!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 12:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i wore sweat pants =P
    and i still looked stylish..

wanna know a cool secret?

go to Target and buy the Bella Band...its 17 bucks...just buy 1 or 2 and u never have to buy maternity clothes ever! :D
    you can wear all your favorite clothes =D
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2009