Hypothetical for Christians....

Hypothetically, what if the Bible's morals were different? For example, what if God said adultery was fine? Would you disagree with him for reasons outside the Bible? Or would you agree because "God said so"?

I don't want any "God wouldn't say that" answers, I know that. This is a HYPOTHETICAL question....I'm asking if you would have the same morals you do now if God's were different.

metalcowgirl34

Asked by metalcowgirl34 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• What a great question!

Would I still follow him if his morals were different . . . honestly, I don't know. To be honest, that's one of the things I love about Christianity is the morals. I believe in my heart that murder, stealing, and adultery aren't right, and I don't think that even God could convince me they were. I'm going to have to ponder this one more, though.

Way to make me think, girl! :-)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I think I would. But, I can't know for sure. Sorry, too deep for BC. (Before coffee.)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• We'd all be fine with it. We've all been running off of Gods words forever.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Seeing how most of the world is already normalizing adultery anyway, I suppose if God chose to make it ok, then it would be ok. But hypothetically, that would defeat his purpose of man and wife, and if he changed that, he's pretty much have to change everything else. I'd question a god who represented immorality..Well, I guess it wouldn't be imorality, because it would be normal if he decided that.
    Anonymous

• I will do whatever God wants me to do. I trust ,and love him with my whole being.
    I will never agree with the lies satan tries to tell.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• We'd all be getting our freaky on!
    Anonymous

• Could you imagine how the world would be if the Bible had a verse that says something to the nature of " thou salt kill all who are not Christian?"

I can...
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• No, Hannahwill, that would be the muslim religion that teaches their followers that they should kill all infidels. And an infidel is define as anyone who isn't muslim, who refuses to convert to the muslim religion or anyone who refuses to become a slave to a muslim.

So this is truely a religion that spreads hate.

Anonymous

• Actually Anonymous, if you study history you will find that the Arab empire (Muslims) was the most tolerant of other religions and that Jews and Christians lived under the Arabs with great freedom.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 12:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Anon, I know several Muslims and not ONE of them has ever said anything about wanting to kill me if I didn't become their slave. I actually get more tolerance out of them then I go some Christians.
    OP, I think alot of people would still follow blindly what the bible says. Most of them chose to skim over the bad stuff already, so why would this be ny different?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2009