getting your tubes tied

What is it like getting your tubes tied. I am getting mine tied, but I am afraid too. Hubby wont get fixed so that isn't an option so I have to get fixed. What do they do when you get them tied? Are there any risks to getting them tied? do you have to stay in the hospital any longer when you get them tied? and when you get home from the hospital other than taking it easy from having the baby do you have to take it easy after having your tubes tied?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• seriously!! ive seen it done on the DHC a long time ago!! all they do is numb their nuts and they dont feel a thing! it literally takes 20 mins from start to finish!! i think that they atleast owe it to us to do it..we pop watermellons out of our snatches! there's no manhood being 'chopped off' lol
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I would talk to your husband more about getting snipped. It will be an outpatient thing for him, and he will heal quicker and be in less pain. For you it will be a major surgery - doesn't seem very fair to me.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• From what i've heard it's easy. Especailly when done after the baby is born, the epidural is already in place and they can do it quickly. I've had several friends who had their tubes tied after they had their babies, and they said it was easy.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I had mine during c-section, my husband probably would of got vasectomy, but both agreed since doctor had me cut open, to just do it.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• ok question what if i don' get an epidural when i have the baby? Do you have to have an epidural when you get your tubes tied or will they do another pain meds? The reason I am asking is because I had a problem where they messed up my epidural to this day I have miagranes from it so I am not what so ever getting anything else put in my back so do you have to have the epidural if you get your tubes tied?
    Anonymous

• I though it was easy I had mine done 10 years ago,It's an outparient surgery they go thru your bellybutton I was sore for a few days nothing tylenol and good rest can't take care of would I do it all over again YES 5 children is enough for me Good luck
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• ok..im having mine done as soon as this little shit decides to ever come out..lol..this is what the dr told me.. we dont stay in the hospital any longer than we need to, we get knocked out for the surgery, and they cut a little incision in our belly buttons, pull out each fallopian tube, tie it off on 2 sides, cotterize (SP?) it and put it back and do the same thing to the other side..dr also told me not to lift anything heavier than baby. and we'll get pain meds as needed..ive talked to numerous people and they've all recovered anywhere from a couple of days to a week..

i think our pansy ass husbands should do it..its a 20 min out patient procedure..way less complicated than our surgery.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i know but my hubby said he will not do it he said noone is chopping off his man hood.
    Anonymous

• omg.. my hubby wont do it just becuase they wont knock him out..does he know how the procedure's done? seriously, our men are bitches..lol
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• TNTEATON
    LOL
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2009