How to make the switch to a hard sippy cup?

My son was using one of the soft top sippy cups with handles (before teeth) and then started to chew on it so I'm trying to switch to a hard top sippy cup but all I could find in leakproff was the gerber hourglass shape one w/o handles and hes NOT having it. What else can I try?

JennO2

Asked by JennO2 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2661899, http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10575819. first is a hard spout with handles. second is one of the ones that has the hole in the middle. it'll probably be easier to get one online. as some things are hard to find in stores.
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Let him play with a hard sippy cup. My son has been playing with son, and is now starting to drink from one now.
    Landonsmom33108

Answer by Landonsmom33108 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Playtex makes a lot of different styles and the lids can be switched between different cups too.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 1:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Straw cups.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• We use cups with soft straws. They survived teething. Just make sure you get one that is a straw with a valve to avoid messy spills. I believe Nubby is the brand we have.
    Anonymous

• There are lots of different types out there. I have a gerber froggie one and dd chewed threw the hard spout! Playtex has a few options and some generic type ones. Where did you go? Target has them, Walmart, Winn-Dixie. Just keep looking, you'll find some good ones. Justa heads up, if he's teething, stay away from those take and toss. Those tops split with a few good bites!
    Anonymous