Are you really strict with your kids schedules???

Do they go to bed the same time each night, eat snack at the same time, shower at the same time? My husband sticks to a tight schedule, I am more of a relaxer, as long as it get done in a reasonable amount of time.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• im with you. whats the point of being a kid if you have to do that same thing at the same time everyday? wheres the fun in that? i have a schedule for my dd but its not a tight schedule. she wakes up at 730 goes to bed at ten and eats whenever shes hungry. she has her own sleeping schedule and i dont mind as long as its 10 or before.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• When my kids were little we had a VERY strict bed time. My kids shared a room untill my youngest was 3, we then bought a house. My kids are 5.5 years apart, so my daughter would go to bed at 7pm so that way she would be asleep by the time my son went to bed at 8pm. I also had strict bedtimes because I felt it was important for my children and important for hub and I as well lol. As far as other routines, that was the only one I was strict about
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I am only strict about bed time. The rest of it I am pretty relaxed about.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• We kinda threw the whole schedule out the window. He wakes up between 7-830 everyday and eats when he is ready and I put him down for his nap between 12-2 and let him sleep until he wakes up and then depending on what we have done for the day determines when and how many baths he gets. If he's dirty he is bathed a lot and if he's not he gets a bath before bed. Then papa and grandma read him a bible story after he is bathed and in his jammies and say a bedtime prayer with him and then it's off to bed. The time and excat things that he does kinda go by what day it is and what we need to do.
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 12:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• No we are not strict. The only one we really stick to is bed time by 10:15-10:30. and no juice after 9:30pm.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• my daughters on a schedule..but not a strict one..most of the time its the same order, but not always done at the same time...i just figure as long as the orders the same, thats all that matters
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• No, I never was and I am not now. Life is pretty flexible around here.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I'm not during the day, but when it comes to putting her to sleep at night, yes I am. I have to be if we're going to get any sleep around here.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Lordy no. I'd rather live my life than my schedule.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• We have to stick to a schedule-our son is autistic and we'd have a meltdown if we didn't.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2009