Would you ever let your teens bf/gf live with/stay over temporarily?

What would the circumstances have to be if this were ever acceptable to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• None.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't, if the teen was in an abusive environment, I would help them find a safe place to stay though.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My mom let my boyfriend live with her (us) for the summers when I was 15 and 16. She lived about an hour from where the boyfriend lived and we had gotten jobs at a restraunt up there and my mom didn't want him driving an hour down a mountain pass after work at 130 am. He lived in the garage and I lived upstairs. It just made sense for us. I think, now that I'm a parent, my mom was a lot more lienent then I would be. I think it really depends on what kind of relationship you have with your child and how much you trust them. Good luck
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• No, I wouldn't. There wouldn't be any circumstances that would allow for it. There's always someone elses house the kid can stay at.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• if they got kicked out and the one lived in the basement and the other upstairs...i think thats acceptable but if i caught them together she'hed be saying good bye
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i wouldnt my mom let my boyfriend at the time live with us so he could work with my brother i was 17 he was21 i hated i could not go anyware my friends could not stay the night with me it was alful
    Anonymous

• no!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Absolutely not!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 6:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Sure why not
    Anonymous

• My mom let my boyfriend spend every weekend at our house. Now we are married and have a beautiful daughter named Lillian so no I wouldn't let my DD's bf spend the night here ever. But, even if she hadn't allowed him to spend the night we would have been having sex anyway cause that is what we wanted to do. But him spending every weekend at my house was definitely convenient.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2009