Does it get easier???

I started walking Monday. I walk daily for at least an hour around town, with a nieghbor. We love it, we talk about everything, nothing too personal but we chit chat. Will it get easier, and when should I apply hand weights?

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• What are you applying hand weights for?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I so, I can build up my arm muscles, and work out my arms while I am walking? No one does that/??
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I'm assuming you are going to (if not already) swinging your arms in an exhuberant manner? This is not good for your rotor cuffs. Do old fashioned weight lifting.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Hand weights should be fine. I would begin with lite ones (maybe 1-2 lbs) to begin with and prob. not try to carry more than 3-4. There are alot of good walking routines that you can find at Prevention online. I found a really good one in a magazine at the doctors office the other day and I tore it out! LOL It came out of Family Circle. But Prev. online will have several to choose from, to fit your current abilities. Plus, they will give you tips to make it pain free, a routine to do stretching before and after, which is more important than you might think.

Warming up the muscles before you take off for a 1 hour brisk walk can keep your frame moving more efficiently and help you burn more calories and more belly fat. Also, doing brisk 30 sec. to 1 min. sprints will also bring your heart rate up to make your walk more beneficial.

Prevention used to have a mp3 walking routine to download too.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Heres a great routine built by Prevention that you might enjoy using: Flat Blasting Walking routine

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2009