• In the Spotlight:

What are some natural remedies for ADHD in children?

I don't want to put my child on medicine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Health

• I say change over to organic. yes it's more money but you don't have all the crap they are putting in foods.
    Anonymous

• Catnip Tea is a calming tea that helps with adhd, colds, flu, and many other things.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• I agree with the first anon and also omega 3 gummies and folic acid and fish oil supplements. Also a regular routine of 4 times a day doing some hard work like jumping jacks or crab crawls followed by soothing activities like rocking or swinging each session lasting about 6 minutes total
    Anonymous

• http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Research/Omega-3-again-linked-to-calmer-ADHD-kids

read the article, it'a great.

Well, i went over this earlier quite a bit. Omega 3!!!!!!!!!!!!! I posted quite a few links in the last ADHD post. I've never had my daughter checked for ADHD, i don't believe in it. All ADHD is, is lack of healthy fats. Anywayn my daughter has incredibly improved w/ just a simple supplement of omega 3. Wish more parents would look into it rather than just throw their kids on Ritalin. The brain needs omega 3 to work efficiently. No other fat works as good for the brain as omega 3's. Kids in china, Japan, Korea & other fish eating countries have NO ADHD. This is an American epidemic because kids don't eat fish here, they eat happy meals.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Omega-3s helped my daughter so much. I just add it to the foods I cook so we all get the benefits. Making Salmon just twice a week adds a lot. Making foods with flax meal helps too. We used to buy flax oil and make it into smoothies.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• good for you. take a look at www.sharethecause.com/hastily/Unseen-Killers  and www.liquidzeolite.org   I have heard from folks that this supplement has been helpful.  message me for more info and i will share more. 

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 9:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2009