leaving for the store quick question kinda important!!!

DD will be 10 mos tomorrow and i want to start her on stage 3 gerber foods which ones can i give her to get her started? she is getting bored with plain food

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Skip the stage 3 and just give her what you eat only smaller.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i agree with above post, waste of money to buy
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 12:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• if she has teeth and chews you dont need to give her stage threes. you can go strait to regular food. stage threes are just to help them get use to the different textures anyways. but if you really want to give them to her give her some of the same things she already gets. then move on to the newer stuff.
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i got a jar of all of them to see how he acted but like the people said earlier it just feed him what i eat now. but my son ate from the jar for about 2-3 months, i was to scared of chocking.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 12:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My son hated just about every stage 3 food. They don't taste very good!
    But you have to look at the label and make sure she's had all but one of the things in the new food.
    But I would do like whatever one else has already suggested start on some table foods and supplement her diet with baby food when you aren't eating something she can have.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Some good beginning foods for starting table foods are:
    Cheerios
    Scrambled Eggs
    bananas
    Toast
    Steamed Veggies
    Soft fruits (like peaches and nectarines)

Also Gerber sells "Graduates" foods that my daughter loves - Pasta Pick-Ups are a big hit with her.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• eggs are not a good idea before the baby is 1 year old because they can have a reaction.
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 2:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I say dont wait the money I did and I usally buy babyfood every two weeks when I go grocery shopping.. yeah I bought them about a month ago... He hates them so I just started feeding him stuff I eat he likes it better.. Thats just me though
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2009