When you find out that the devil is real would you still choose to follow him?

Please explain why on either decision.

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • Poor lost people. I will do the same MO2A27
    Anonymous

• He would have to do the same as god......prove himself worthy of my devotion.   According to the bible the dude sounds like like an all round better person than god.  He certainly has a lot less blood on his hands.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• That's a loaded question, don't you think??
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 12:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• When? Kind of a weird way to phrase this kind of question. I don't believe in the existance of the "devil". I don't believe that an all loving God would let something like the devil exist at all. Especailly let this entity take our souls, that doesn't make any sense at all. Our souls belong to God, and only God could relinquish them. Why on earth would an all loving and forgiving God do that?

I am Pagan. So according to Bible Thumpers I'm going to hell anyway, don't really care what they think. I did what Jesus told me too, I looked within to find my kingdom of heaven, this is what I found. I looked within and didn't find anything remotely resembling a devil. That was a tool used in ancient times to keep people in line. I don't need the fear of being punished by the devil to be a good person.
    mehamil1

Answer by mehamil1 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• "When?"

I think you mean "if." And it's highly unlikely.

If we're talking about Lucifer, it would depend. I would like to hear his side of the story.
    Anonymous

• In the Bible it states that the devil was a fallen angel. I can agree with that, but I see the devil as more of a state of mind that represents the evil nature that exists in every human being, some suppress it, some accept it. When I was battling depression, I was battling my demons. I could either succumb to my inner demons or fight them. It's not a question about whether the Devil is a real living creature or not, but what kind of life is a person willing to lead. God is the positive of all things, the devil is the negative of all things. A man can live in his own personal hell just by the actions he choose.
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 12:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• aluvk4evr hit the nail on the head with that one. It really is a state of mind. I think that is what Jesus really meant, he spoke in allagory to help the illiterate uneducated population better understand.
    mehamil1

Answer by mehamil1 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• If someone is "following" him, then, wouldn't they believe him to be real? And, why would they care either way if they are already following them? Then, why would it matter? Why would "finding out he's real" matter?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It's all very funny to me. The notion that humans, and christians in particular, carry that our souls are soooo important that two deities are fighting over them. I have read the bible through a few times and have not found any lies that the figure of satan ever told. God lied more than the supposed Prince of lies. I have never read of any instance where satan wiped out entire cities--or the whole world--as god did. Satan does not have the list of murders to his name that Yahweh has. Makes you wonder. Maybe Yahweh was the evil entity and satan was the good one. I think if both of these biblical figures prove to be real, I would still prefer the company of satan to the company of Yahweh.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Beeky you have no clue about the devil obviously to say he doesn't have blood on his hands.
    Second I know you will find out that God and the devil exists it is just a matter of when.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2009