Where do the homeless go?

As the last of my emergency funds dwindle down I am faced with the idea of being homeless. I don't have the moeny to drive my kids and myself to my parents to live with them and I have no family close to where I live. I don't have the moeny to keep up the payments on my vehical. So I can't live in my car and during the day where I am it gets over104 degrees it's too hot to walk with the kids to the nearest shelter. So Idon't know what to do and living in a homeless camp would be dangerous with the kids. We live in a refugee state and I'm sure there are many people out there crying out for anyone to care. Good people that are affraid to ask for help or assistance that don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. But where do they go? What choice do they have. If employment is suddenly out of reach because they don't have an adress to send a payckeck to. So where do the home less go because I might just have to join them one day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Aug. 4, 2008 in Money & Work

• not to be rude but if your on the verg of homlessness why do you have net??i would be saving every single penny and then some. couldnt you call your family to send you some money so you could travel out to them? i mean seriously they wouldnt want your kids on the street right. and if you have net access then you should have phone access or even call collect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Aug. 4, 2008

• Well I think sometimes bad things happen to good people. but I don't understand why you still have internet either? it does cost money, but hey maybe you got it wireless or something. ANYWAY, you can go to a local church alot of times they are great about helping you, maybe take you to a shelter. if you are in need that bad, you need to get to a gov't building and get food stamps and whatever you can for your kids. they also will pay for you a place to leave. good luck sweetie, i think it's horrible that you are this bad off. but you need to turn your internet off ASAP to save money if you pay for it. I know there are wireless cards and stuff so if that's what you have great! also call your family to get some help.
    good luck!
    sarah
    1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 3:03 AM on Aug. 4, 2008

• i agree 100% you dont let yourself get to that point if you ahve kids. you bust your behind as hard as you have to to ensure you child has a roof over its head clothes on its back and food in its stomach. no matter if you ahve to work 3 jobs and 60+hours a week. when i was 16 i was working 65 hours a week to just do it im sure you can especially by the influences of your kids.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:03 AM on Aug. 4, 2008

• i think if you avhea computer you need to sell it .. i would sell everything that was worth something
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:04 AM on Aug. 4, 2008

• I wonder how awful you all would feel if this was legitimate question...
    AmaraVelez

Answer by AmaraVelez at 4:39 AM on Aug. 4, 2008

• If things are that bad then go to social services and get some help, call your family and see if they can help you out, at least take the kids until you can get back on your feet. there are things that you can do so you and your kids won't be homeless.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:01 AM on Aug. 4, 2008

• Since you are on the net asking this question, I am assuming you have a phone or one close by at neighbors. A church is your best bet simply because they know who to call for help for you and your children.You need to realize they are first in life, you are 2nd, so whatever you need to do,do it before things happen that you can't control. It is nothing wrong with asking for help.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:16 AM on Aug. 4, 2008

• I agree with most, seek out a church- QUICK! I also agree with selling everything you can, short of your own body.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2008

• Well she could be at the library or something and that is why she's able to use the net. But I would sell everything I have that is worth anything and I would call all of the non profit agencies and see what kind of help they provide.
    TinaLynnLove

Answer by TinaLynnLove at 10:34 AM on Aug. 4, 2008

• As for the internet- where I live, our community is cloaked in Wifi so it's FREE. Never jump to the conclusion someone is paying for internet these days. (I know I never will pay for it again)

As a former social worker, I want to say- GO GET HELP IMMEDIATELY. If you want to PM me privately, I will help you find the nearest assistance center to where you live. They will be able to help assist you with funds for housing, utility assistance, food stamps- everything. There is never a need for a mother to be homeless in this country anymore.
    They can help you get back on your feet.
    The #1 thing I used to tell my clients (I used to work with pregnant women and also people with behavioral problems) is that it's NOT A HANDOUT- ITS A HAND UP.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2008