Is it OK?

I have seen stickers before that said "Brown Pride", "Black Pride", "Hawaiian Pride", "Asian Pride", ....all these sayings seem to be accepted and even found to be cool....SOOOOO
What if you saw a sticker or shirt on a white person that said "WHITE PRIDE" would this be OK, and if NOT, WHY???
If everyone else can have pride in their race then why not white people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Why wouldn't it be?
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Go ahead whose stopping you sweetie! You could be talking about snow for all I care.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 12:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I think you know the answer to that. Although we THINK it should be fair enough to put that on a shirt.......you'd be considered racist.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I think it's kind of silly. No body picked what their race/heritage was going to be. If you're proud of yourself, no matter what your race is, be proud of YOU and your accomplishments...not just because you came out black or white or asian.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It's a double standard. White people should be able to wear the same shirt as other races but because white people are blamed for the majority of racism, people would have a problem with it. Yes other races are capable of racism also, but like I said, double standard. I wouldn't have a problem with it. If I saw someone with a shirt that said that I would think "That person is proud to be white!"
    Anonymous

• i want cake after reading this...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Just remember - pride is one of the 7 deadly sins. I don't need to be proud to be white. I am and that is just the way it is. I would rather, if possible, to find my pride in being a good person. Maybe you should have a shirt made that says you are proud to be a good person of any color - but that may be one of those sins. It is too confusing.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• The way I see it is that everyone is allowed to be proud of their heritage except white people. We are considered racist for saying something mentioning any color or heritage, I think that when peope now a days bring up slavery and things like that and try to justify themselves or put down white people for being racist is racist of them to do. Now I think that its stupid when I see people flying flags. Like the italian flag, mexican flag, etc F.Y.I this is AMERICA!! I think its disrespectful for other nations flags to be flown in our country. If you are SO proud of being Cuban than go back. If you like your freedom stay here and fly our flag. I'm not racist by any stretch of the imagination but I do have pride in my country and find it disrespectful that so many men and women have died to make this country what it is and for you to fly a flag for another country is a slap in the face.
    Anonymous

• Uhm..isn't that what the little flag is for? White pride?
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I've yet to see anything with Asian Pride on it lol
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2009