How long can a person survive on club crackers?!

I'm starving, but I go to the pantry and everything in there makes me want to barf. The THOUGHT of food repulses me. This is going to be a long trimester.

RyleeMendez

Asked by RyleeMendez at 1:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol yes it will be. sorry hun. i had the same problem. lived off crackers and ginger tea the whole 1st trimester. lol. itll get better i promise
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• try and have some chicken broth of apple sauce, or a glass of milk. just make sure that you are not getting dehidrated. with my first baby i was sick and could drink or eat anything for 2 weeks and i had to go to the er and get ivs because i was so dehidrated.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 1:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I ate crackers and drank warm coke for probably the first 18 weeks I was pregnant, then I got to enjoy foods I was hungry for only to throw them up. It lasted until the day I had my daughter. I had maybe 3 weeks total where I did not throw up. Try EMETROL if your vomiting a lot, it calms the stomach and you can enjoy food again. Make sure to drink a lot of water and take you vitamins and eat fruits and veggies if you can.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• When I was in my first trimester I was also totally repulsed by even the THOUGHT of food. I lived on crackers and toast, but I certainly found that smaller more frequent portions of anything are better than a full meal that I used to eat. I also had my boyfriend bring me food in bed in the mornings, usually crackers or toast. It will be over before you know it though! Congrats!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 1:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Oh my god I know how you feel. My first trimester (and a little into the second) were absolute hell for me. It wasn't only morning sickness, it was all day and all night sickness. Everything made me sick. Even the smell of my husband cologne. It was so bad. I think I lived on toast and soda crackers and my husband pushed the fluids because he was so worried about me getting dehydrated. Good luck hun!! There is relief in sight!! Make sure you take your vitamins though!!

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 1:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2009