Question for those against embryonic stem cell research.

If you or someone you loved were diagnosed with a serious or fatal medical condition and there was a cure available as a direct result of embryonic stem cell research, would you take the cure?

beeky

Asked by beeky at 1:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not if it meant an innocent,unborn human being had to die for it. God tells us in His Word He knew us before He created us. That means we were a person before we were even conceieved. We have a soul from the moment of conception, regardless of how that is acheived. So, even if to some it's just a "blurb", or whatever else they use to justify it, it's still a living breathing human being in reality,and it's murder. Not to mention, that embryonic stem cells show no promise of healing anything. It's the adult ones that are showing all the promise in science.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Nope.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I've seen you mention that you have fibromyalgia (sp?).  You seriously wouldn't take a cure for it if it came from ESC?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• No, I sure wouldn't. I would rather keep on like I am, than,as I said see an innocent unborn person die. That's just how I feel about it. Oh,and you did spell Fibro right!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• OK, what if they started using the fetus' that were the result of DNC's? Woudl you have a problem with using it then?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• No, I sure wouldn't. I would rather keep on like I am, than,as I said see an innocent unborn person die. That's just how I feel about it.  I'm impressed!  Thank you for your answer.

Oh,and you did spell Fibro right!  Thank you.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I have to got to work now.  I'll check back in later this evening.  Have a good day ladies.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• If God is against it so am I.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My son has autism and I'm told that embryonic stem cell research could possibly cure it. Sorry, no. Adult stem cells are better.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Answered at 12:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 by:

* beeky

beeky

No, I sure wouldn't. I would rather keep on like I am, than,as I said see an innocent unborn person die. That's just how I feel about it. I'm impressed! Thank you for your answer.

Oh,and you did spell Fibro right! Thank you.

You're welcome,and thank you as well. Have a good day at work.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2009