Do you think soul mates exist?

And, if so, what are they?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that soul mates are identical souls that are made at the same time. Kind of like identical twins here on Earth. Do I think we have to beat ourselves up for our entire lives trying to find our "oul mate?" Nope. In fact, I feel that there is a very slim chance that two soul mates would chose to incarnate at the same time anyway.
    So, i think soul mates exist, but not in the romantic sense.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Not really.
    Anonymous

• I believe a soul mate is some who fulfils you on EVERY level. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I meant "someone".  Oops!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Absolutely. I've been married to mine for over 20 years. I have no doubt he's the man God set apart for me,and blessed my life with him exactly when He was supposed to. I thank God everyday for him,and for blessing my life with such an amazing, Godly, loving man.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I'm married to mine, LOL.

We have three mirror moles that are the exact size and shape of each other, just on the opposite sides of our bodies. One on our faces, one on our hips, and one on our hands.

He is the male version of me and I am the female version of him, as far as personalities go.

We have most of the same hobbies, and do them together.

I do agree with Ashley that it's very rare that two soul mates actually incarnate at the same time, and even rarer still that they actually find each other if they do.

I feel very blessed by God to have found mine!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I do believe in them and I have found one of mine. It is someone, like beeky says, that fulfills you on every level. When you are in perfect unison like my husband and myself you become as one being. We complete each other and seem to know what the other is thinking. However, I do think it is possible to have more than one. I see this in my MIL who lost her husband to cancer, then found a new love. It's not the same love she shared with her husband, but the spiritual connection is very similar. I did have a past life reading done (because they are fun) and it claims that my husband and I have been soul mates since ancient Egypt. We have always found each other.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I know husband is my soul mate. He will even tell people the fist time we saw each other, we had the sensation of "Oh there you are". Like our souls had been waiting for one another.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Answered at 12:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 by: pnwmom
    I know husband is my soul mate. He will even tell people the fist time we saw each other, we had the sensation of "Oh there you are". Like our souls had been waiting for one another.
    **

I read this and my response was an enthusiastic "Yeah!" - that's EXACTLY how DH and I felt when we met.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Since women are made from the ribs of men then yes i do believe we all have a specific man we belong to. I am blessed to have found mine. It is wonderful!! Thank you God!
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2009