TMI.... BUT REALLY NEED ADVICE

I'll be 40wks tomorrow. I was 2cm dilated and 70% effaced last time i was checked (4/14). I went to the bathroom at lunch time and I had three small drops of blood when I wiped and then something slimmy (like after sex). Did my water break or is it something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Could be your mucus plug.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anonymous, I have had three children, I am almost 100% positive it is your mucus plug, get ready to have that baby. good luck.
    Anonymous

• Believe me when your water breaks you will be soaked. It sounds like your mucus plug came out so labor could happen very soon. Your water breaking feels like your peeing yourself and it wont stop leaking out.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• id say mucus plug. did it look lik a booger? if ur water broke it would feel lik u ped gallons and wasnt able to control it.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It was clear slimmy stuff no brown, red, or pink in it at all (that i seen anyways)... I have an appt at 4:50 today. Do you think I'll be safe to wait until then, or do I need to go now... I'm not having any contractions or anything...

Thanks ladies.
    Anonymous

• You should be ok but give your doc office a call and let them know whats happening. Either way you might wanna bring your hospital bag with you to the doctors in case they tell you its time to go to the hospital at your appt. GL and congrats
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 1:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• if it was just a little blood and then went away, it was probably your bloody show. and that was definately your mucus plug you're losing. ive been losing mine since friday and still no baby!! im now 3 days over due
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I wouldn't call your doctor. It's just your mucus plug, which means that you are dilating. It doesn't mean much for when you'll go into labor though, and it's definitely not something that needs attention. It could be 3 days or another 2 weeks. It's just a good sign that your body is getting ready.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• http://pregnancy.healthguru.com/content/video/watch/100102/Vaginal_Delivery

It is likely your mucus plug,this could be an early sign of labor. Take a look here at what to expect from the very begining right through to delivery it will help you know what to look out for.
    pregnancyHG

Answer by pregnancyHG at 1:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It's just your mucus plug... I lost mine like 6 weeks before I had my baby so it's not necessarily indicative of impending labor.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 2:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2009