preschool?

My dd turns 4 in jan. and I was wondering when should I put her in preschool? How many hours a week should she go? I never went to preschool and I never thought about putting her in preschool but with the world constantly changing I think it would benfit her.

MandMSMOMMY0607

Asked by MandMSMOMMY0607 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My oldest (he's 4), I started him in a Mother's Day Out program 1 day a week when he was 15 months. Every year I've upped it a day. When he was 3 he went into preschool. Due to when his birthday lands (Dec) he will have done 3 years in preschool before he can enter Kindergarten. (Here they must be 5 years old before a certain date in September.) Anyway...if you can get your LO into a program for just 2 days a week this first year, that is a good start and then next year 3 so that they get used to being at school more days in the week once they start Kindergarten.
    Anonymous

• you can put her in in the fall or wait till next year. she wont be allowed to go to kindergarden next year cause she wont be 5 yet. you could look into head start. you can eather do half or full days. depends on the child. if you start next year maybe do half days then year after that do whole days.
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My son is in his second year of preschool, I think it will help your daughter, in being with other children, and teachers, without you, especially since most kindergartens are all day now. My sons preschool is from 9:30-12:00. Three days a week. He loves it.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2009