• In the Spotlight:

I have three boys, I am a single mother, and I am going to school for nursing why am i always so grumpy and feeling like my life is dragging?

dabadstmom

Asked by dabadstmom at 1:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• probably because you have no time to enjoy YOURSELF. Make some time for YOU, if you can. You'll forget your identity after living for others for so long & not having any time for yourself to do what YOU want. Good Luck!!!!!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• probably worn out, cut yourself some slack...or make sure no one slipped you a rectal thermometer during class. (ok that was a joke)

Answer by admckenzie at 1:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Agree with above answer. I know it's hard since you're a single mom but try to make time for yourself. It'll benefit your boys also, then they will have a nice rested mom! By the way just wanna say you rock! I have 3 boys but I'm with their dad and I can't imagine going to nursing school while being a single mom with 3 boys! I'm exhausted now so I can imagine how you feel. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Worn out. Your sons need to help around the house, help with cleaning and cooking. My son has been helping me clean from a very young age, it won't hurt them to help out. You also need to set aside time each day for you. A long, hot shower or bath, time to read for pleasure, watch a favorite tv show. On weekends, set aside time to go for a walk, sit outside and read a book. Whatever you do, don't give up school. Good luck!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009