Baby shower with no friends?

I recently moved to a new state, and i don't associate with anyone i used to knwo b./c they are bad people. Well the only people i know here, are my parents, and my neighbors, and my old neighbors (ive moved twice since ive been here). I am 22, and they are all older (myparents age) and i have one person i know who is my age. I want a babyshower b/c its what you do when you are pregnant! but i don't have any friends. I dunno what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your mom about throwing you one. I had 2 girls my age at mine and the rest were family members who are all way older. You don't have to have one just because your pregnant either. THere is no rule saying you must have a baby shower. They are designed to celebrate the birth of a child and for you to get things you may need but they are not required. Invite your family and the people you do know.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Oh God thats real sad. I wish I lived near you I would come. :)

How about having the people you just said in post go. A small nice baby shower is better anyways. GL.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 1:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Have it anyways. Invite people you just talk to. You don't have to know them or anything. If your parents work, invite their co-workers, invite your bank teller. Invite who ever you want to. Have your friend invite their friends, to go with her. If your childs father is involved, have a co-ed shower, and have him invite his friends. I know how it is. This is what I plan on doing in the next couple months =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 1:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I'm sure your parents know people. Have your Mom throw you one. I didn't know half the people at mine lol
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 1:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I didn't have one cause I was only friends with 2 girls and one moved to LA so I would have only had people I didn;t know very well there so I didn;t have one
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 1:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2009