should i try to connect with my deadbeat babys fathers other childs mother so the siblings can know eachother?

Its really sad that there is a possibility that my daughter will not know her five year old sister, its not that there is no access but there dads mom will only have them at separate times and the dad won't put any effort into getting them together, any way the daddy called the other babys mom from my grandmothers phone. Do you think I would be wrong to contact her. Its a weird situation yall

themommy160

Asked by themommy160 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• i would but thats just me. i think it's important that siblings should know each other the sooner the better.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My son has 7 brothers and sisters and only knows his 2 little brothers because they are here. His father doesn't have anything to do with any of them and I tried to keep contact but it's nearly impossible when they live 800 miles apart. I told my oldest he can go see them when he's older and I will help him stay in touch through email etc. I wouldn't stress over it, it's really not your job for the other children to know your child, it's the fathers.
    Anonymous

• Anon 1 I understand that it is his responsibility however he isn't responsible so I know that if I don't do it it won't be done. Infact I wouldn't know his mom had I not saved her number in my phone after he called her, so I'm not gonna stress but I think its worth the try
    themommy160

Answer by themommy160 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• If I was you I would try to make the connection.
    I would want my children to be apart of their siblings lives.
    Oneday they will have a million questions and you will most likely be the one to have to answer them.
    If you can try to get them to have some time together.
    It is important that they know about one and other.
    You are the adult here and you will do what is best for your children even if the father
    plays no part in your childs life.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2009