I have a 16 month old and find it very hard to stick to a daily routine can anyoneshare with me thier daily routines with their toddlers?

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd doesnt hav a strict schedule. she gets up everymornign, on her own, at 730, goes to bed by ten, on her own, and eats whenever. at this age its hard to have a strict schedule because they dont really get it yet. as long as they have the same bed time bath time and wake up time its ok. my dd gets a bath every night at 730 then has a snack then its lights out. we let her play but we shut out all the lioghts except for the tv and a lamp.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• You need to find what works best for you and your child. We get up around 7 or 8. Have breakfast, playtime, cartoons, lunch around 12 then a nap. After nap more playtime, outside time, whatever he wants to do pretty much, dinner around 6, little bit of playtime, clean up toys, bath, books, bed around 8:30.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I dont have a toddler but our days are pretty well routine.
    We get up at 7 am and she gets changed then plays and eats at 8 then a bottle at 9.
    At 9:30 its nap time
    Around 11:30 she is up then its lunch time, then play time and at 12:30 she gets a snack then a bottle again at 1:30 and a nap at 2.
    She gets up about 4 and then its play time, a snack then at 6:30 its dinner time
    She gets a bath at 8 pm and then a bottle at 8:30 pm and bed at 9. If I have running to do we do it after her morning nap and get home in time for her to eat and take a nap.
    Once she is a toddler she will skip out on a nap but will still have the same schedule with more learning activities and things to fill up her day.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• At 16 months my daughter woke up around 7, had a sippy or milk, breakfast 60-90 minutes later, snack around 10, lunch around 11:45 then sippy of milk, nap around 12:30 till 2:30, snack around 3:30, dinner around 6, sippy of milk, bed around 8.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I forgot that getting out of the house in the morning -- usually from about 9:30 till 11:30 or so, was key to an enjoyable day.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• As long as your little one wakes, eats lunch, and goes to sleep at the same time every day, then you have a routine :) If you feel as though you don't have such a schedule then try waking your toddler around 7am then two hours later nap time. You can create whatever schedule works for you by simply implementing it. Here is our schedule: My son wakes around 6am (if he doesn't on his own I wake him to get the day rolling, other wise he doesn't get two naps in). I lay him down for a nap two hours later(8am). He sleeps for about 1 1/2-2 hours. Then it's snack time with cartoons. Then we go to the gym and he plays with other kids in the kiddie planet there. We go home and have play time. Around 11:30-12 it's lunch time. Nap time is at 1pm (unless he is showing me that he is ready to nap earlier). He sleeps until about 2:30-3pm(I don't let him sleep any later because I want him to go to bed at a descent time.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• let her set her own schedual. just keep bedtime, bathtime, meal time pretty consistent. if she gets up earlier than 7 make lunch sometime around 11 or noon. if she gets up after 8 make lunch a little later. that kinda thing. they dont need a set in stone schedual you have to be a little more flexible.
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Cont.

Then he has a small snack, maybe with cartoons/Barney. We go on a walk, play time. Dinner is at 5pm. Bathtime is at 5:30, and bedtime is 6:30-7pm. Although now our sun is bright until like 9:30-10pm so he's wanting to stay up later.
    Anonymous

• I agree with letting her set her own schedule. I've always done that with my son (who's now 2) and it worked just fine. His typical day is now up between 7 and 7:30, lunch around 11:45, nap at 12:30, up around 2:30, dinner around 6 and bed around 7:30. I find I can vary the schedule without much trouble as long as I don't mess with it too many days in a row.
    Anonymous

• My advice is dont use a routine. A child should be fed when hungry, sleep when tired, play when they need to, etc. After some time of letting the child's body dictate their schedule they will put themselves on a routine that fits them. Ive done this since birth with my kids and they have a routine now that works great for everyone. They are even in bed alseep by 7:30 every night.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 2:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2009