what if anything you can give a 4 month old?

My 4 month old daughter has a cold and has been coughing a bit? Shes not really acting sick besides that but i'm thinking about taking her to the doctor. But in the meantime I have been giving her some tylenol infant drops when she has been running a slight fever is there anything else I can give her for the cold symptoms? You guys have all been very helpful on my other questions so if anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it :)

Nychic155

Asked by Nychic155 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use a cool mist humidifier and a vaporizer at night. Keep vicks on her chest and lift her mattress so she is elevated so it drains out and not down. Cold meds at this age dry them up and actually make it worse. We were told when my daughter had rsv that a cool mist and vaporizer and elevation works the best at that age and she was almost 4 months old when she had it.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• If she has a stuffy nose you can use baby saline (well it's just saline in a bottle made for their tiny little nose.) I use Little Noses, it's made by the people that make Tylenol but it doesn't have any medicine in it, just saline.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• The hard thing with infants is you have to let most things run their course. You can't give cough or cold meds. Tylenol is the best thing for her fever.
    IluvGreg

Answer by IluvGreg at 1:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Take her to the peditrician. They now have a medicine called Pediatex that is approved for children 4 months and older. Its a nasal degongestant and a histamine. it will knock your kid out but help them tremendously at night!! Its great stuff I got it 5 months ago and still have half a bottle left. its been a saver for my little girl. It dires them up great!
    Hol-e-Mole

Answer by Hol-e-Mole at 1:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• When my son was like that the dr told me to get baby vicks and rub on his chest and give him .4 tylenol and alternate between tylenol (4hrs) and motron (8 hr)
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 1:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• ^.^ i cant hear your daughter but i know my daughter play coughs... when she hears someone she does it too. its so cute! but if you are worried then do call the dr. also maybe try pedialyte. you can get it at any 24 hour cvs. try an ounce at a time in between feedings.
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• oh and i had an idea come to mind after i posted... you would have to look this up to be sure but what about vicks vapor rub. you wouldnt even have to put it directly on her, rub some next to her on a blanket or on her onsie/sleeper over her belly. if she has the sniffles or a runny nose take her into the bathroom, shut the door, and run a super hot shower and just sit in the room with her. the steam from the bath will help clear congestion.
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 12:17 AM on Apr. 21, 2009