I want to know how I can get the MMR Vaccine separated for my babies? My pedicatrician can't get it that way.

JennyBeard

Asked by JennyBeard at 1:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• why would you want it separated? its less shots they have to have. as it is its 3 to 6 shots each time they have to get them.
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• There are a few pharmacies that still have them. You'll likely have to pay more since you'd need to have them shipped to you, Your doctor would have to fax them the script. I saw a post listing them. I'll look for it and try to copy and paste the info.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• This was posted in early April...

American Medicine (a pharaceutical wholesale company), Baton Rouge, LA $118.50 for all 3 shots, will keep 18 months, they need the doctor to fax the Rx with child's name, cope of doc's license then they will overnight to his office and you pay the overnight fee of about 60 bucks, ph 225-924-0247

Professional Pharmacy, Connecticut, ph 203-86-3372, they have the measles and rhubella shot in stock right now but not the mumps

Aziz Pharmacy, Indianapolis, Ind, 800-745-6615, the only thing they have in stock right now is the rhubella, all other shots are on back order, they do have a list of people waiting
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Just out of curiosity, why do you want them separated? I'm delaying the entire set until my child is 3 because of my concern with the measles part of the vaccine.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 2:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Check out Childhood Vaccines: Making an Educated Decision for Your Children by Dr. Robert Sears. He gives info on how to modify the vaccine schedule and spread them out. There is a lot more info in his book, but quite a bit is covered in this article.

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• A lot of delaying vax schedules suggesting getting the MMR split into 3 shots to avoid overloading baby's system. I know the Dr. Sears Vaccine Book suggests splitting them up for that reason.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Many parents want to get them seperate because it lessens the sometimes harsh effects of the vaccine. I dont think its widely available in seperate form these days, Merck stopped making it that way I believe....I WILL NOT give it as a combo to my child, so I may look into what Pauline posted!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 11:03 AM on Apr. 21, 2009