I am thinking about trying to consive, but what about nursing? I didn't get to nurse my 1st baby until like 4 and a half hours after she was born I don't know why they just didn't ask me or anything about nursing her so when the nurse brought her to me after paging for her I nursed her myself they never brought her to me to be fed so I know she had to have a bottle in the nursary so when I brought her home she was 2 days old and would not latch on,

but was crying cause she was hungry i gave up and bought formula. Baby 2 I nused for 2 or 3 weeks, but I started to dry up and I think that was because I had problems with the epidural leaking spinal fluid so I was in so much pain I was in the hospital 2 days I only nursed her probably 3 or 4 times in the hospital because I was in pain and couldn't once I got home I had to have somone watch me and the kids for like a week then when she was 3 days old I had to go to the ER so my mom had to feed her formula so I think that is why I started to dry up and I think from not being able to nurse her that much. I really want to nurse my 3rd how can I be sure to be able to nurse her and not either dry up or giving up? If this works out I may nurse this one for a year and ahalf or 2 years just bc i didn't get to nurse my other 2 is there anything wrong with nursing them until 2 years old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I agree with going to a La Leche League meeting to get some support and more information. There is a really good article on their web site that gives you lots of good information on getting off to a good start. Here is the link: How to Get Your Milk Supply Off to a Good Start

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I would ask to talk to the lactation specialist at your hospital. Most hospitals have them, and she can help you with any questions you have.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Right after the baby is handed to you nurse him/her. Have a natural birth so you don't have the complications from the epi. That's what I did with all 3 of mine and no problems with milk production. Message me if you want to talk..
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 2:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Go to LLL meeting starting now so you'll have some support. Make sure you see a LC in the hospital to help you out. 2 years is certainly not too long. The WHO recomends a minimum of 2 years.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Definitely get support. Educate yourself about breastfeeding. A few books that I liked were "So That's What They're There For", and "Womanly Art of Breastfeeding".
    MamaCeleste0722

Answer by MamaCeleste0722 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2009