OMG Is anyone else out there as broke/struggling like us? Can't catch up for the life of us and it REALLY IS HARD to get a job...

How are people making it? We got financially backed up the past couple of months and since then it has has a HUGE SNOWBALL effect. With me being a sahm, it is making it worse and it is hard to get a job. PGE just got shut off and I am boiling water for baths and dishes. Although our cable is a luxury, we have to pay it off anyway so we might as well us our online till we pay it off and cut it out completely. My husband is working overtime and is always tired. UGHHH just can't catch up. What are ways you "cut back" or have luck in helping out financially at home? I am scared of having anything else turned off and our lease is up first week of June! How the heck can we save up for move in costs when we can't even keep up and come even right now? There's gotta be some ways to get through this. AND BELIEVE ME... I am sooo praying for those less fortunate than us and do appreciate what we do have! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS!☺

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• ya just gotta hunker down and weather the storm, sweetie. I understand how you are feeling!

Anonymous

• Well your not the only one hurting, Im close to upper middle income and we are strapped too. Costs of education is going up for hubbys college, eletric is up, food prices are insane and all other bills keep rising. I am a SAHM too and I cant get a job where I live cause they wont pay more than 6 bucks an hour regardless of experience. You should try going to the "welfare" offcie and go see if you can apply for any assistance. I been there, its hard but keep pluggin away at those bills and keep pushing for jobs, dont be picky, go with anything. You can weather this and YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
    Hol-e-Mole

Answer by Hol-e-Mole at 1:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I think we're all having problems. I lost my job. My husband is going to school and working, and I feel like shit sitting here with no job to help out. We have enough money for the rest of this months bills and for next months rent, but after that idk. I wish there was more I could do to help out around here for sure.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Go everywhere you can for work! It will get you out of the house anyway, and that should help your mind as well. I know it's hard to find work when you've been a sahm but there are places out there that actually think its admirable to stay home and commit to your children. Keep your head up, know you aren't alone and maybe go try for some assistance. You never know your state may be able to help. GL
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 2:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I would also say go for assistance. You might not like being on it for whatever reason, but it doesn't need to be permenant(sp?), just temporary. Apply EVERYWHERE, whether they want people with experience or not. Even a McDonalds job would be SOME income. I know at 6 bucks an hour it doesnt seem worth it, but it is, even the SMALLEST amount. I'm in the same boat. With other things piled on top. Things suck for almost everyone right now. Hopefully Obama can fix it soon, and everyone can get help. Good luck, and keep your head up. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 2:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yeah your not the only one. Hubby and i were just about to move out of my parents house... and BAM he gets layed off and hasnt been able to find a job since. We have a 15 month old and im pregnant with #2 ( opps)
    So we are living with my parents.. who are struggling as well.

We barley have anything for the new baby..
    And my dad is paying for everything for my daughter.
    We cant get on any assistance because im under 21 so i have to use my dads income.. and he makes to much.

Its bull... nothing works..

Im sick of it as well
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I know how you feel. Im in the same situation my husband works the night shift and overtime sleeps during the day. He is exhausted I'm tired and stressed. I cant get a job to save my life. We pay when we can what we can. We are making it but barely. My old job is trying to stop my little tiny check from unemployment i am getting which is enough to buy grocery and diapers. I have been on about 5 interviews and filled out many a application and im not picky. Ihave mad extra money selling my baby old clothes coats toys and old basinet,etc to the baby resale shop. I did a survey that paid 125. Food pantry is good. Here a good one I stopped buying that expensive toliet paper i love so much now i pay $1 for 4 rolls. If you have an Aldi shop there. Unplugging unused appliances saves on electric bill. Try your best not to eat out. You can try to go to an temp agency for temp work to make extra money. Girl good luck! Go OBAMA!
    ImAlijahsmommy

Answer by ImAlijahsmommy at 2:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• You are not the only one. We haven't had anything shut off. I got laid off 5 months ago, and my husbby got 20% of his salary cut. He had to change his withholdings from 0 to 9 for now until I can get work again. I get unemployment too. I am late everymopnth on my car payment, but everything else is going ok. If my hubby gets laid off, we'll have to rent out one of the bedrooms and maybe sell the boat. The bank that we finance our cars through are being cool with us being late, they haven't given mae a late fee yet.

I would seriously go apply for food stamps.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 3:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• We're struggling- but not like most. My husband has a job- thank goodness! But they recently cut his hours to 32 a week! It's tough when he's only making $8.00 an hour, but we manage. The first trick is to budget. Know where your money is going before you get it. If you are strapped for cash you either need to cut expenses, and/or get a 2nd job.
    Anonymous

• Like another poster said, go to a temp agency! At least you can make a buck or two here and there
    Hol-e-Mole

Answer by Hol-e-Mole at 4:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2009