Gays and Lesbians

This is a ongoing issue. I completely support gay marriage. Even if they ban it forever you are still going to see it in movies and on the streets. So why all the big hassle over people loving each other?

Please no hate answers. Its just a debate not a bash

Augusta

Asked by Augusta at 1:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think we all have the right to be happy rather it be with the same or opposite sex. No one deserves to be left out because its "abnormal' or wrong. I think if gay marriage is illegal then they should ban interracial marriages as well. Why say you can't marry someone because they are the same gender but you can marry someone outside of your race. Love is love no matter who its with. NO I AM NOT A RACIST EITHER SO DON'T THINK THAT. ITS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT WE WILL ACCEPT AS NORMAL.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It's an issue that I feel the govt. has no business stepping into, IMHO.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• People hate what they dont understand that it. and wheather or not marrage is legalized or not you can still insure and share everything as if you were married So whats the problem .People married for convinience and legalization i dont understand why thats not allowed.If the consern is children not understanding thats a crutch to excuse nothing .A peace of paper will not stop a couple from being good parents .But if being married helps entitle the other person to what a real wife would deserve like enherritance or properties .I wouldnt common law marraige help that
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I agree with you. I don't have a problem with it. It's not effecting me personally, if at all. I don't mind it. It's not going to effect my child either. He's going to see it regardless of what I say or do. It won't make a difference in the long run. I'm totally agree with you.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 2:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2009