Is Obama proud to Be an American?

It seems like anytime he has the chance, instead defending America, Obama Apologizes. Why is the US responsible for ALL the WORLDS PROBLEMS? Every administration has had to deal with the previous administration. Never before have I seen a President speak as though he is ashamed to be American. Does anyone else think that Obama will create a bigger divide if he continues this path. Watching Obama address and respond to foreign leaders: Does anyone else think Obama looks less like a leader of the US and more like a UN diplomat?

myame

Asked by myame at 2:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, he is proud to be American, I am too. Am i ashamed at some of the choices our political leaders made? Yes, & that is OK.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• You can be proud and still be ashamed of what direction past leaders chose to lead our country in.

The recession is global. Americans aren't the only ones hurting right now due to the economy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Please show me one speech where Obama has defended and shown he is proud to be an American(while in the company of international leaders). ENTIRE SPEECH. Thanks.
    myame

Answer by myame at 2:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Why is ok to be ashamed of previous leaders, but NOT of the current one?  (Those of us who are against Obama's policies are criticized for speaking out against him)

myame

Answer by myame at 2:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• No, I don't believe he is. I think he just wanted the job to prove a point. Ok, point proven,and taken, now get the heck out,so someone who KNOWS what they are doing,and has the country's best interests at heart,not their own can get in there,and hopefully salvage something of this country before it's too late!
    Anonymous

• "YAAAAAAAYYY IM AMERICASS FIRZT BLACK PREZIDENT YAAAAAY!"
    Anonymous

• Anony 11:19 thats something a teenager would say. So sad. No I didnt vote for him but I sure as heck wouldnt act like that nor say something that rude!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• How on earth would anyone here know? One can be proud to be American and still admit her faults and mistakes. After the past 8 years of arrogance in dealing with other countries I find a bit of humility in that area to be refreshing.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 2:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It is not being unpatriotic to show humility and admit to the mistakes that our country has made. This economic crisis developed from irresponsible financial practices on our part and much of the world is bearing part of the weight from it. Since when did arrogance solve any problem? I think his humility is refreshing and it will work much more effectively in foriegn policy. You can be proud of something while at the same time acknowledging what needs to be improved.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 2:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Sorry friday...I guess I was writing my answer at the same time as you. We said basically the same thing. :)
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 2:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2009