i know you have to have your ged to homeschool your kids.but can i still put my child on the computer to do a homeshcool progrom without a ged.

esjsws

Asked by esjsws at 2:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Probably but it wont count against their credits. I know in a few states you must have a degree in order to homeschool past a certain grade. I would talk to the company your trying to use online to see if the credits will count but I don't believe they do.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I use an online school for my 6th grade son. I only have a HS education with a few college credits. I will tell you that while an online program is a wonderful foundation. You will still need to supplement. I plan Science units, spelling assignments/tests, require reading logs/book reports etc. Each state differs on their requirements. In ours my child is tested 18 months after the onset of homeschooling. A child must meet certain state guidelines. Google your State and then homeschooling. You should find an official link and support groups in your area.

CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 2:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I was homeschooled with Family Christian Academy and they are the only ones I know of that the parents dont have to have a ged. Neither of my parents did and they were ok with that and I did great.
    yaffamommy

Answer by yaffamommy at 2:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I don't think you need a GED or diploma to have your child do the e-school. The only thing you have to do with that is set aside time for the child to do the work on the computer, make sure the work is emailed to the teacher.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I dont know anything about homeschooling but if your serious about your child continuing thier education why not get your GED? Its really not that hard. I just got mine a few months ago.
    MacyLiamRoan

Answer by MacyLiamRoan at 3:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Whether you need a GED or not depends on your state. Research your state laws.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It depends on what state you live in. The laws are different. Just look up the laws for your state.
    CynthiaJesseen

Answer by CynthiaJesseen at 10:27 AM on Apr. 22, 2009