If Liberals want Universal Healthcare so bad?

Why don't elitests like Anderson Cooper, Janeane Garafolo, Angelina Jolie, and Demi Moore start an insurance company that is affordable for ALL American's?

Why? Perhaps because they know the cost and problems it would cause?

myame

Asked by myame at 2:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Um, it's not UHC that President Obama wants. he wants affordable health care for everyone. I wish people could understand this but judging by the posts on it every week, they can't.

What I want is for a family of 4 to not have to pay $500 or more a month for insurance.

Nothing wrong with wanting affordable insurance.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• SCHIP is univesal healthcare for children who parents make enough to pay something! Why don't the liberal elitest start an affordable heathcare company for Americans instead of foundations to help 3rd world nations?
    myame

Answer by myame at 2:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Universal Healthcare isn't what they're after...that would be nothing but a DISASTER and a complete nightmare!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• We pay 400 a month for our insurance for a family of three. Seems reasonable and affordable to me. We made sure we worked hard before having our children so we could afford to insure them. Wished more would do this.
    Anonymous

• I have no problem with affordable health insurance and that is what the president wants. we are a family of 4 paying 700 a month for a not so great insurance with a bunch of co-payments. and yes me and my husband have work very hard through our livesand it's becoming increasily ahrd to afford that amount
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• *hard
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• and just because a family can't afford 400 a month for health insurance it doesn't mean that family doesn't work hard. some of the hardest working people are middle class and can't afford that.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 2:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• You know, I wasn't even thinking about the SCHIP because they are CHILDREN and should be covered no matter what. Adults on the other hard should pay what they can afford.

And to the PP who laid judgments on people who have kids before being able to afford insurance...good for you but other people wern't that fortunate or maybe lost a good job and had to get a lower paying one or are raising their dead sisters kids or..you get the point..all sorts of situations here.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Who said all Liberals are for UHC? When did the people you mentioned become the spokespeople for us? I know many, many more Reps that agree with Rush, O'Reilly and Hannity than Libs who agree with Garafalo or any celebs.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 2:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Intersting proposal...although I dont think universal health care is only a liberal desire.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 2:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009