Are you getting to use your first choice name for your baby?

My fiance' and I have agreed to name our son Izaac Shawn, but I just feel in my heart that he is NOT an Izaac. My first choice baby name is Emeric. Joe just HATES it. It's an unusual name, yes, but our daughter is named Annika! What's one more uncommon name? Are you getting to name your baby the name you REALLY want, or did you have to settle for something else because it's all you could compromise on? What can I do to convince Joe that Emeric is a good name after all? It will drive me crazy for life knowing that I didn't want to name my son Izaac if we end up naming him that....

laadeedah

Asked by laadeedah at 2:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Keep looking until you find something you BOTH think is perfect. If he HATES Emeric, I wouldn't push it. Do you want him feeling like you do now about the kids name? Keep looking and throw out Izaac.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 2:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I'm having more of an issue with the middle name, SO wants one of our babies to be Monte and I want it to be Lavern; Monte is his dads name and Lavern is his middle name, so one of the babies names will be Nicholy Monte Logan, but I think Nicholy Lavern Logan flows better. The second baby will be named Jaydan Frasier Logan (after my Grandpa) Im still gonna try and talk him into Lavern though
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I really wanted to name our third boy Griffin, to which my family had such a cow that they ruined the name for me.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• we both fell in love with our son's name...looong before we ever concieved...and I thought about the same thing "what if he's not a _____?" I just racked it up to my crazy hormones---I just knew we were having a boy when we found out, but that last week before our "big" u/s I freaked myself out and made us pick a girl name "just in case"---so we still stuck with it...and at our "big" u/s we got to get some 3D pics....and that sealed the deal for us! His name is perfect!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My husband and Mom didn't like the name I picked out and weren't afraid to tell me early on because I think they both thought I'd end up changing it. Well, I didn't and luckily my husband agreed to let me have the final say....
    I'm glad I am getting the name I wanted but I hate to think that my husband might not like it! I just assume that once he sees the baby he'll love the name because it's hers :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2009